Information about the processing of personal data
Dear visitors, we would like to use this document to inform you about the processing of your personal data within our organisation in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation - hereinafter referred to as “Regulation”).
- Who is your data controller?
Your personal data controller is Biologické centrum AV ČR, v. v. i. (the Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences, a Public Research Institution), Branišovská 1160/31, 370 05 České Budějovice, ID No.: 600 77 344.
- How can you contact our Data Protection Officer?
We do not have an appointed officer for personal data protection, but you can contact us with your requests, questions or comments at the following address: Biologické centrum AV ČR, v. v. i. (Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences, a Public Research Institution), Branišovská 1160/31, 370 05 České Budějovice, or at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What personal data do we process and why?
- Personal data from the registration form
We process personal data such as name, surname, academic or scientific titles, e-mail and the name of an employer for the purposes of your registration at the international conference entitled "Academic Spin-off in (Post) Covid Times", which will take place on 3/ 6/ 2021 (hereinafter referred to as the "Event"), so that we have an overview of our Event participants and the number of attendees. Furthermore, we will process your personal data so that we can inform you about any updates, such as postponement of the Event to another date, Event cancellation, or when the capacity has been filled. Last but not least, we will process your personal data for the purposes of billing your participation in the Event and for subsequent invoicing.
We carry out this processing on the basis of the legal title of performance of the contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) letter (b) of the Regulation and further on the legal basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) letter (f) of the Regulation. The legitimate interest in this case comprises ensuring sufficient capacity of rooms, protection of our property and the safety of all persons at the Event's venue.
We will process this personal data until the end of 2021.
We will further process the above personal data in order to defend our legal claims on the legal basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) letter (f) of the Regulation. For this purpose, we will process the above personal data for the duration of the limitation and preclusion periods for individual rights defined in Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code. In the case of exercising these rights in court or with other public authorities, for the duration of the proceedings held before these authorities.
This processing of personal data, based on the legal basis of the performance of the contract and our legitimate interest, does not require your consent, but you have the right to object to this processing at any time free of charge.
We will process your personal data, including photographs, video and audio recordings concerning your person, for journalistic and reporting purposes so that we can inform about this event publicly on our websites www.bc.cas.cz, www.avcr.cz, www.transfera.cz, in the Academic Bulletin, in the Biology Centre (BC) internal newsletter and on BC CAS (Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences) social media profiles. We process your personal data for journalistic and reporting purposes on the legal basis of our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) letter (f) of the Regulation. The legitimate interest in this case comprises the provision of information to the public about our activities in a reporting manner. We will process this personal data in this way only for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the above-stated purpose, but no longer than for a period of 6 months.
Providing this information is voluntary. If, at the time of their acquisition, you express your disapproval with the taking of photographs, video or audio recordings related to you, your disapproval will be respected and photographs or other such recordings will not be taken.
If you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to inform the public about our services / activities through your photographs / images / sound recordings.
This processing of personal data, based on our legitimate interest, does not require your consent, but you have the right to object to this processing at any time free of charge.
III. Website traffic statistics
- Who is the recipient of personal data?
We also transfer personal data only to the extent necessary to the following categories of recipients:
- authorised employees of the controller;
- our contractual partners, if besides us they participate in the processing of your personal data (i.e. processors), such as persons providing technical support, service or operation of our computer systems, programmes, networks and websites, data storage providers;
- for demonstrative purposes to grant institutions such as the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, or the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic
- other entities in cases where the provision of data is required by law (e.g. the Police of the Czech Republic, administrative authorities).
- What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Request confirmation of the processing of your personal data from the controller, and, if such data is being processed, you have the right to access this data;
- Have outdated or incomplete data rectified;
- Have personal data concerning you erased or their processing restricted;
You also have the right to:
- File a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection with its registered office at Pplk. Sochora 27, Prague 7, 170 00, e-mail: email@example.com;
- Your data portability;
- The withdrawal of the consent given to the processing of personal data, at any time, if the processing of personal data is based on giving such consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.